diving on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo:
I don't know about you all but those long flights keep me from going to the South Seas and Hawaii. I can take about two and a half hours on an airplane and that's about it. That limits me to the Keys and some of the Carib islands. I fly to Honduras frequently on Continental which takes you to Houston and then SAP. Two short flights. If there was some way I could knock myself out for the long flights I might try the Hawaii deals since they don't look that expensive and I understand the the diving is great. But flying from Ohio and the jet lag involved would screw me up big time. I just can't sleep on an airplane unless I've got all of the seats. Wish they'd come up with a sleeper plane like the old Pullman rail cars.

You seem to have a fairly serious phobia there, and there might me some treatment for that (or meds, or both). And if you check flights and travel at odd times, it is easy to find one that has a lot of empty seats (outside of peak travel times).

And Hawaii is great fun... just watch the time of year. (waves can kill)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom