diving Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, that Victoria wasn't me.... She just finished EMT/Fire School and no longer DM's for Mike... Strangely enough, I was her replacement. To keep it straight (seeing how we are both Victoria's) she is known as Victoria and I use a nickname, Vickie.

I'm very happy to hear that the dives went well after a bit of a rocky start. I also agree with you when you say there's a lot of great boats to choose from. Most people would expect us (all the boat ops at the same marina) to be cut throat in such a competive industry, but we are actually not at all.. We all look after each other. There isnt a boat Captain or crew out there in that marina that I wouldn't go on myself. Like everyone else, I have my favorites too, but it's usually based on personalities on board.

robint:
We have booked our airfare to FLL and are psyched for the trip. One question though, if we are going to dive Nitrox for the week, do the dive boats have an O2 analyzer at the boats? (We are planning to dive with 2 different dive ops and they said they can get the tanks for us) How do the dive ops down in Pompano/Boca/Delray area work this? This will be our first trip using Nitrox so sorry if this is a dumb question.

robint
Hey Robin,
If your up in Boynton,my choice is Splashdown,they will test your tank in front of you as it should be,and heck its a fun boat to dive from,great crew,and the reefs are so nice!
Man have a fun trip,
& Great dives,
Brad

baitedstorm:
Most people would expect us (all the boat ops at the same marina) to be cut throat in such a competive industry, but we are actually not at all.. We all look after each other. .... Like everyone else, I have my favorites too, but it's usually based on personalities on board.
That's true in most locations. People that work on dive boats have got to love the job, otherwise they'd be doing something easier and better paying. :wink: As I said in PM, I'll make sure to try A1A again next time I'm down your way.

Charlie Allen

If your planning on using Nitrox alot, get your own analyzer. We did, now we don't have to second guess what % is in the tanks. Though expensive, it was a very wise purchase!

jdf:
If your planning on using Nitrox alot, get your own analyzer. We did, now we don't have to second guess what % is in the tanks. Though expensive, it was a very wise purchase!

unfortunately, we can only plan 1-2 ocean trips per year so buying our own O2 analyzer is not $$ smart. We dive locally about once a month and with the cold water, nitrox isn't necessary or cost effective.

robint

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom