Diving new and unknown site - considerations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectacular! That's all I can say. This dive site was some of the best west coast diving I've done yet. It turns out it was only 30 feet deep but the life in that depth was amazing. I saw a 4 foot octopus swimming 3 feet away from me. I have never seen such an amazing sight in my life. It's absolutely amazing! Saw eels, 1.5 foot chitons, 5 foot lingcod and more. It was the highest density of marine life I've seen yet. All in my dad's backyard... I'm going to be visiting more often.

So, can I come up and visit you? :D

Actually, you probably can. My dad will be renting out the guest house to visitors and tourists. I think with the view he has in has back yard he may be advertising to divers. He's planning on getting a dive boat as well. With some very popular dive sites very close (race rocks is pretty famous biological reserve) he could take people out to dive there... I have a feeling that will be some time from now though.

Just check for current have someone on the surface to watch and go slow... I love doing dives in new places ive never been before and im still alive so it cant be too hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom