Diving near University of Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simon.007

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for diving partners near University of Miami. Any one know of good place to meetup and good SCUBA shop? Its near Biscyan Bay? I am going to be there at end of Aug 2006 and wanted to dive.

Simon

South Beach is relatively near, they have both www.tarpoondivers.com and www.southbeachdivers.com I prefer Tarpoon because the dive shop is next in the miami beach marina, next to the boat.

Because I don't own my own equipment, I like to dive with operators like them.

Although The American Dream II in Fort Lauderdale is the best because they have free cokes and snacks, unlike others which only have water and a cooler for people to bring their own food :(

The idea of going to one place, renting the gear, then driving to another places, and unloading all the gear. It's not the hauling the gear that bothers me, but all the driving.

If you have your own gear get with RJ Diving ventures. South beach uses their boat for trips and if you have your gear it will cost less than SBD. I live in North Bay Village (North Miami Beach) and do all of my beach diving in Hollywood and boat diving with RJ's boat.

How are the beach dives, easy or harder then S. Cali? Any pier diving? How is the clarity and waves? I have my own equip but will only bring the BC, 1st,2nd, shorty Wsuit, fins, secondary air and mask. The tank and weights I will be there for a week and would like to dive 2 per day, maybe early 5am - 7am then 6pm - 9pm? I can only dive after 6pm to 9pm due to the fact I have all day work at the University :(

The site www.tarpoondivers.com does not work?

Thanks in advance.
Simon

How are the beach dives? lots of waves high low? Where can I find dive buddies?

Thanks in advance

Simon

The waves depend on the wind/weather. If we have big waves we find something else to do that day. It's no fun battling the surfers!

You can find dive buddies right here on this forum! Either watch our postings, or post one of your own! Note: I understand there is no decent beach diving south of Hollywood, so if you are at UM you'll have to drive up here.

Austins dive shop, on the east side of US 1, is a couple miles south of UM. It's been there forever. They should be able to set you up.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom