Diving near San Juan Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tnsump

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am aimed for PR in two weeks and was wondering if 1) there are any good dive shops I should use and 2) any dives I should do. I may be able to go 1 or 2 days as this is a business trip but would like to get wet some. Your suggestions and comments always help. Thanks in advance.

I dove with Sea Ventures today and last Saturday. They are about 45 minutes from Carolina and offer a two tank dive. I dove Sand slide and Spurs today and both were nice dives. They have soft drinks and snacks aboard for the divers. If you don't have an issue useing rented gear, they only charge $10 more than they do just for the trip. I brought my own gear with the exception of my BC and had to borrow a LP hose because I am set up for air2 and they just have power inflators. If you decide to use their Regs. they are set up with ScubaPro gear w/ Octo. Vis was around 45' this weekend at 72' and a bottom temp of 82deg. All in all both trips and dives were good. Boat was not over crowded and seas were calm. Their web site says that they do an afternoon dive, but I was informed that this is not the case. Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Friends of mine have rented a house in Rincon, Puerto Rico. The house says they are near great diving. Has anyone heard of Rincon? Is it worth the money? If we do this trip it means it will have to be our dive trip for the year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom