Diving near Dayton, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

B-rant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello folks,
I recently finished my OW and I am currently living in Trinidad, West Indies. I will be moving back to good ol Dayton at the end of June or early July. I am looking for a local mud puddle to jump in and go for a swim. I am not all that interested in the usual places, I like places that are a little off of the beaten path. Hell if you have a pond or rice canal that has something in it worth looking at, that is the place for me. If anyone has any suggestions or know of any secret spots let me know. If you don't want to post them on the board PM me, you secret is safe with me. Any help would sure be appriciated.

Just lookin' to get wet and not drive 4 or 5 hours.

Thanks,
B-rant

Hello folks,
I recently finished my OW and I am currently living in Trinidad, West Indies. I will be moving back to good ol Dayton at the end of June or early July. I am looking for a local mud puddle to jump in and go for a swim. I am not all that interested in the usual places, I like places that are a little off of the beaten path. Hell if you have a pond or rice canal that has something in it worth looking at, that is the place for me. If anyone has any suggestions or know of any secret spots let me know. If you don't want to post them on the board PM me, you secret is safe with me. Any help would sure be appriciated.

Thanks,
B-rant

Damn! When I saw the thread title I thought maybe something new had opened up near Dayton.:blush:

..anyhoo, Blue Lagoon & Mammoth are somewhat close.

Hello folks,

Thanks,
B-rant

4-5 hours gets you to The Blue Lagoon, 288 Lake, Twin Lakes (if it fills back up with water) Lake Travis and Gulf Dives out of Sabine, Galveston or Freeport. Port Aransas may even be within 5 hours so you have lots to choose from. The closest two would be Blue Lagoon just north of Huntsville or 288 Lake at Beltway 8 and Cullen on the south side of Houston.

Randy

I was wanting something a little out of the norm and off of the beaten path. I was hopping some one knew someone that had a great pond or something. I will be in next week for a visit, I think we are going to try to make a trip to Mammoth Lake.

Back
Top Bottom