Diving Near Bangkok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t-mac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be traveling to Bangkok a couple of times this in June and July for business and likely will be staying over a weekend or two. I was hoping to get in some diving while there. I won't have huge amounts of time and want to avoid flying because it will further limit dive time. So I am looking for suggestions for where to dive within easy striking distance of Bangkok. Recommendations on locations as well as specific dive operations are welcome. I'd be looking for things where I could depart Bangkok Saturday morning and return by Sunday evening. Thanks in advance!

Pattaya, takes a couple hours to get there on a good day. There are some passable dive sites accessible from there, the "far" islands and a couple wrecks.
If you feel very dive itchy is possible to go to Koh Tao for a weekend, leaving BKK on Friday night and arriving there on Saturday around 1 or 2PM, then leaving next day some time after midday... a couple afternoon dives, a night dip and maybe one or two in the morning. :D

In Pattaya, the best shops in my mind are Real Divers and Adventure Divers.
Scuba Diving Thailand Pattaya, Real Divers, " Pay as you go " and " Zero to hero " internship program..
Adventure Divers Pattaya Thailand

Also some of the Bangkok shops run trips down to Samae San which is a little further South than Pattaya but the diving is superior. These mainly cater for Thai customers but I have been direct on one of the boats they use and always been made most welcome.

Pattaya is indeed the location to visit. It takes around 2 hrs to get there from BKK, pending on where you are in BKK. Leave on Friday evening from BKK, dive Saturday and Sunday and back to BKK after the dives. If you leave Saturday morning, you would have to set up your dive trip nefore you get there and leave BKK early, like maybe between 4 and 5 in the morning. Once you know the area, you could drive straight to Samae San and meet up there.
Good dive sites are indeed Samae San with the Hardeep wreck and the far islands.
I would recommend Adventure divers and Mermaids.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. Sounds like leaving Friday night would give more options. I'll definitely try to schedule it that way.

Back
Top Bottom