Diving Monterey Saturday 9/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

World Champion

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I am planning on driving to Monterey this weekend from Sacramento. Just moved here from Portland and I want to check out some of the shore sites....get my feet wet if you know what I mean. Anyway, sure would be nice to have a buddy or two who may be familiar with some of the sites. I've done some research and figure I have about a half dozen introduction sites I can choose from. I have about 300 dives under my weight belt mostly done in the pacific northwest and in New England.

I plan to arrive in Monterey EARLY and spend the day diving and hanging out.

Thanks,

Randy

Wish I could go also...I have been in Monterey the past several weekends, but am going to be at Pismo Beach this coming weekend celebrating my wifes b-day...

The vis at Monestary last weekend was 40 to 50 feet....Nice dives.

Funny, I'll be in Sacramento on Saturday visiting the "out" laws. I still want to get wet on Sunday though. Is anyone planning on diving around Sac? I'm more than willing to drive down to Monterey on Sunday for a few dives too, just not at the Breakwater.

Mel

Post a report when you get back ,if you wouldnt mind! Tahoe has been on my list for a while and I would like to hear your opinions!
Thanks,
Drew

Drewpy:
Post a report when you get back ,if you wouldnt mind! Tahoe has been on my list for a while and I would like to hear your opinions!
Thanks,
Drew

Will do. I've heard it's nice this time of year. I've had several reviews on it. As far as life goes, I understand it's pretty uninteresting, unless you have a crawdad fetish. I have also heard that as far as neat formations and such (also some good wrecks in one of the bays), Tahoe is pretty cool.

Ishie

World Champion:
Hi!

I am planning on driving to Monterey this weekend from Sacramento. Just moved here from Portland and I want to check out some of the shore sites....get my feet wet if you know what I mean. Anyway, sure would be nice to have a buddy or two who may be familiar with some of the sites. I've done some research and figure I have about a half dozen introduction sites I can choose from. I have about 300 dives under my weight belt mostly done in the pacific northwest and in New England.

I plan to arrive in Monterey EARLY and spend the day diving and hanging out.

Thanks,

Randy

Hey Dude,

are you missing bad viz and long truck rides yet.

-SS :eyebrow:

I say hit the Metridiums and Breakwater... Get the whole day pass from the parking machine then walk cannery row and check out the Aquarium... That way you can say you saw a Great White the first day you dove Monterey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom