Diving Monksville Res, NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadowdaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, All,

anybody knows anything about diving in Monskville Reservoir, NJ?
Its a reservoir of drinking water for local towns. It used to be a town in a valley before they flooded it. The visibility looks pretty good, I fished there couple of times.
Couldn't find anything on the Internet if its permitted to dive there.

Was wondering if anyone dived there?
Any information is helpful.

If they allow power boats it should be OK to dive there. Where in the lake is the town located? Let me know what you find out.

Thanks for replies, guys. So I emailed NJ Parks and Forestry, it took a while for them to respond (about a month) but here's their response:

Scuba diving is not permitted at Monksville Reservoir as we have not been able to establish an area designated for this use and we would not be able to ensure the safety of the divers.

Scuba diving within the NJ State parks/forests is subject to the approval of the Superintendent of the area. Currently, this activity is permitted at Spruce Run and Round Valley Recreation Areas with a permit issued directly by those areas.

Do you plan to dive either Spruce run or Round valley? Round Valley has info about scuba diving on it's website Round Valley but spruce run does notSpruce run

Back
Top Bottom