Diving mexico january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tony.dodunski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys
im heading down to The Yucatan end of december and well iv got some time out of the water I'm upgrading a bit of gear.
what are the water temps like that time of year, and how much colder are the cenotes? i don't usually feel the cold and have never needed to own a suit so its my first, and im not planing to spend a lot because simply, i don't like cold water!
im thinking about something like a 3mm neosport farmer john, can be found for 55$. I already have a fleece lined 1mm long sleve for when my nipples start dancing. Iv never managed to find a suit that fits my body very well, im 5'8 with 32inch waist but fairly top heavy with wide shoulders so the sleeveless top seems like a good idea.
A few other things i have to consider are money, i left home a year ago, and weight, traveling with a full dive kit, underwater camera gear, laptop etc, living out of a bag gets tight!
Is anybody in a similar boat? Or have any other suggestions?

We are here right now... Coz temps are around 80 F and cenotes are 78 F.

I get cold easily and am diving in a 5/4/3 in the ocean and the same suit plus a 3 mm core warmer in the cenotes. Most people are wearing 3 mm full suits in the ocean with a couple wearing shorties instead. Lots of variety in the cenotes - saw 1 guy in a shortie and another in a dry suit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you are doing the cenote tours, you'll be fine in a 3 mil full suit. Water temperatures are about 75, but the tours aren't terribly long and you swim the entire time, albeit slowly.

I've been diving cenotes for 2 days in a 3mm full. Got slightly chilly the second dive today, but not bad at all. Cenote dives were 24c / 75f, and the ocean dives I did were 27c / 80f.

I'm traveling as well (with a 35l rucksack full of camera gear), so I just rent aside from my prescription mask and computer..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom