Diving Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI...I became a new diver in the Maldives. After you arrive in Male where will you be? Resort? Or will you be staying in Male for your time there? How long will you be in the Maldives?
I have been there for four years on and off. ...If I can help
Al

We will be at a resort, the paradise island resort on the North Male attol I believe. It looks beautiful and I have read some good reviews about it. The dive shop at the resort is PADI certified so that is good and hopefully will have some good diving adventures in store for us. Has anyone been diving around that neck of the woods? I'm not sure how far Male is from the resort but we were going to head that way as well so I will have to look up Sea Explorers for sure!

Eskimo50 where were you staying in Maldives? What can I expect dive wise? Safety and protocol good down there? I had read an article about a Russian guy dying because his air was tainted with c0 but he was on a liveaboard and the exhast was caught by the compressors for the breathing air. This was a few years ago but I imagine an isolated incident....I hope.

Eskimo50 where were you staying in Maldives? What can I expect dive wise? Safety and protocol good down there? I had read an article about a Russian guy dying because his air was tainted with c0 but he was on a liveaboard and the exhast was caught by the compressors for the breathing air. This was a few years ago but I imagine an isolated incident....I hope.

Look up Gert van Weert, he is the owner/operator of Sea Explorers in Male. If you look up seamaldives you will get additional information. Gert runs a very safe as well as delightful diving operation. That can't be said for all Male based operators.
Gert has a substantial liveaboard boat which makes overnite and multiple day diving great fun!

If you want technical and safe diving, you can't go wrong with Gert.
Cheers,
Al

to which resort are you going?? all the dive centers here in the Maldives is well equipped. the suggestions you got about the dive computer is a good idea. but to carry your bcd and the rest of the equipment is extra baggage to carry as you are going to finish the ow course.

Scubanewb : To which island are you going? let me know if you need any assistance. I am located in Maldives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom