Diving Mahahual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Maya Palms has a dive shop. I dove with them a couple of years ago.
My son and I had the boat and dive masters all to ourselves that day. Diving was close to the hotel and very enjoyable. That day visibility wasn't as good as Cozumel but not far off. Saw lots of Lobster, quit a few fish. I'd do it again!

check out their web page Costa Maya Scuba Diving and Snorkel in Mahahual, Mexico: Maya Palms Resort

You could head South a bit to Xcalak and dive with Costa de Cocos or XTC. I recommend both of those Dive Ops.

Not much of a reef in and about Mahajual. Cruise ships come in there so the reef is pretty shot and very shallow.

Mahaual was badly destroyed by Dean. I think a few places are up and running now and likely as not some dive operations. NO Cruise boats now (no pier). Ixcalak is the place to go. Costa de Cocos Resort - Xcalak, Mexico

Maya Palms is OPEN and not crowded, some of the best unspoiled ALONE diving in the world ...or go to the cattle p-laces like I am getting ready to do

the reef is shot and Shallow?? I have been 110' down looking at a barrel sponge that was the size of a 55 gallon drum, WE were to only ones out on a fishing panga on almost every trip out....

Mahahual is wonderful....

Maya Palms is OPEN and not crowded, some of the best unspoiled ALONE diving in the world ...or go to the cattle p-laces like I am getting ready to do

the reef is shot and Shallow?? I have been 110' down looking at a barrel sponge that was the size of a 55 gallon drum, WE were to only ones out on a fishing panga on almost every trip out....

Mahahual is wonderful....

Yes, I agree Mahahual is fabulous...but have you been there since Hurricane Dean visited? Head further South for now...like to Xcalak.

All i can say is back in late oct 2007 we drove past Maya Palms and it did not look that healthy (maybe only open with resevations). Meanwhile back in Ixacalk you would not have known that Dean had passed by.

Back
Top Bottom