Diving Local This Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimisurf:
I'm on the island from August 27 - Sept 3. Let me know if you are interested in doing some shore dives during that time and I'll pack some tanks with me. > Jimi

I'm there from August 27 - Sept 4. Lets do some diving. I have four tanks, two of which are nitrox.

Jim aka Jimisurf and I got two dives in but these shots were from dive 1.

This swimming Dendronotus Iris / Giant Red Nudibranch was the first thing we saw and also my best shot.

Thanks for the dives Jim.

Jimi.jpg

Dendronotus%20Iris.jpg

deepdiverbc:
This swimming Dendronotus Iris / Giant Red Nudibranch was the first thing we saw and also my best shot.

Nice shot! Are you sure he was swimming, and you didn't just toss him in the air for the picture?

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Nice shot! Are you sure he was swimming, and you didn't just toss him in the air for the picture?

- ChillyWaters

Yes he was swimming and a long way off the bottom too.

If he had been dropped the picture would have been easier but I try to avoid harassing the marine life. When they are swimming they flop around making it difficult to get a good angle for a photo.

deepdiverbc:
Yes he was swimming and a long way off the bottom too.

If he had been dropped the picture would have been easier but I try to avoid harassing the marine life. When they are swimming they flop around making it difficult to get a good angle for a photo.

Good pic. I still haven't seen a giant nudi swim, other than when we play underwater tennis with them.

- ChillyWaters

Hey Deepdiver!

Just back from LA LA Land, I haven't logged in to the site in soo long! Thank you for the dives. I had a great time. Those were some of the longest bottom times I have recorded in cold water... Great stuff.

I'm heading off to Sechelt weekend of 22 and 23. The 22nd will either be Porteau or Tewaneck (sp?), then going down to the Chardiere on the 23rd. If you are in the area let me know...

Jim

Hi there,

I thought you might have flown south. I sent you an e-mail E/O Sept to let you know I am going on a charter in Nanaimo through Ocean Pro on Dec 18. We are diving Dodd Narrows and one of the ships. The current at Dodd looks really good that weekend.

Check out their website and if you can fit it into your schedule give them a call to reserve a spot.
http://www.oceanprodivers.com/divetrip.asp

Thanks for the Sechelt invite. I dove the Chaudierre a few weeks back so might pass on this trip but will let you know. Are you taking a charter?

Hi,

A group of us are joining the OceanPro Group. Dodds sounds great! I'll talk to them about it this weekend.

Jimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom