Diving Lake Wallenpaupack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfox007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has any one been diving in Lake Wallenpaupack recently? Trying to get a feel on the conditions.

I actually went to Wallenpaupack High School on the NE side of the lake. Been boating and cliff jumping there a million times, but never thought to dive it.

I live in AZ (11yrs now), and only took up diving once I got out here, but I may be heading back to see some friends and family. May want to finally see the underwater town up close.

Thanks!!

I can't say - but I was diving in Lake Hopatcong last weekend (which is similar to Wallenpaupack)- it was awful... Between the seaweed wrapping around my regulator and tank, ankles and anything else that it could grab onto and the less than 2 foot vis - it was a bust. I did 2 minutes and called it a dive - the mud bottom and seaweed took all the fun out of diving - was not worth it to me to even stay in the water to log some dive time.
I would recommend either going to Dutch Springs since your close or taking a drive to the NJ Shore... You would need a buddy to dive Dutch but that might be your best bet...

Have not been out there since I was a little kid. I'd be very concerned about boat traffic, which is probably why it is not dived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom