Diving Lake Tahoe ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MIKEINNV

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The visibility is about 35 ft. and the water temperature is approx. 68 degrees. So who wants to get wet ?? The more the merrier, we can just make it a party !!! :lotsalove:

I got married there, and I've always been interested in diving there.

Is there anything specific to see there, and are you talking boat dive or shore?

I'm an hour away from Tahoe are you thinking Sand Harbor or Emerald Bay? Pick a Saturday and I will try to be there.

I'm a North Coast Diver, but have an interest in trying Tahoe diving.

Are there places to get fills near the lake? Or does one have to drive over a pass to get to Reno/Carson City? (And doesn't that present a danger?)

Thanks.

I'm a North Coast Diver, but have an interest in trying Tahoe diving.

Are there places to get fills near the lake? Or does one have to drive over a pass to get to Reno/Carson City? (And doesn't that present a danger?)

Thanks.
To answer your questions, No, Yes and Yes.

I always recomend bringing enough tanks to make all the dives you plan to avoid having to drive over to Reno to refill.

Posted via Mobile Device

I have a question for those that have dove Tahoe. Is it dangerous to dive there during the day, then drive back to the Valley? You have to go back over donner pass, coming from North Shore; I don't know what the elevation change is and was wondering if anyone has done this before?

Is it advisable to wait for x amount of time before driving back, or next day?

FWIW, Donner (7240') is higher than most airplane cabins when flying at 35,000' (cabin altitude of ~7000').

68 degrees!!!!! Man, that's bath water! :rofl3:

My wife and I would love to join you all but we've got other commitments. Have fun!

Shore dive !! Sand Harbor, and sometimes Cave Rock. But other than fish, craw fish, and big ol' rocks it's just a nice mellow dive. If you get to the area holler ! I will get wet with ya. LOL I like the cold water.

Are you gonna do the Meeks Bay clean up dive on the 23rd of this month ? I learned to dive through a friends wife. The price was right, FREE ! But Cam teaches primarily military out of Fallon, or kids. And the divers I do know hate the cold. So I need to get out and meet other divers if I want to dive. LOL I am free 9-16 and will be at Meeks on the 23rd. See what works for you and we can get wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom