Diving Lake Murray, OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzDiver23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,

Just checking to see if anyone has been to Lake Murray? Im really interested in taking a dive, but just a few problems? Is there any dive shops around the area for rental gear? Also can anyone fill me in on the lake? Depth, vis, temp, things to see? If anyone is interested please let me know, I would like a dive buddy to go with.

Welcome to the boards. If you scroll down to the bottom of this post you will see 5 links to threads about Lake Murray.:) Two from the last year, even though we dove it more than that. Many of your questions will be answered there. Otherwise let us know when you are going, and someoen will probably be willing to meet you there. :D

TwoBit

AzDiver,
Your request came in about 24 hours too late. I just returned from Murray. The Diving Rebels and Scuba Dillos just hosted their annual Murray February "Arctic" Dive for 2008. It was a weekend full of exciting activity. I will bet we had about 60 people show up on Saturday. I posted a reasonable post-action report under the Texas Swamp Divers forum.

There is a shop located at the marina, Scuba J. For the life of me, I don't know when the place is open; probably summer season only. I understand the owner will open by appointment; but some times, how do you get in touch with owners?

Two very popular dives sites are located in the far SE corner of the lake, Marietta Landing and a flood control tower type structure located about 900 yards west of Marietta Landing. Within Marietta Landing, you probably want to enter the water at the west end of Marietta Landing. You will find a small, uncontrolled, unmanaged dive park in about 22 ffw. The east end of the landing features a prominent boat launch ramp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom