Diving Komodo Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Nick,

I just finished watching your video and it made me realize how right I am to return to Indonesia next year. I was in Bali, Lombok and the Gillis back in 2010 and it was just amazing. Now I'm planning a return trip in early march next year and I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers as to the best and reliable way to get to Flores from Bali. Your input will be very much appreciated.

Cheers! And Season's Greetings!

Now I'm planning a return trip in early march next year and I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers as to the best and reliable way to get to Flores from Bali. Your input will be very much appreciated.

Flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo are via Trans Nusa or Lion Air. Most likely you will need to overnight in Bali as they fly early in the morning. LB is the gateway to Komodo. Check into flights early as they are often overbooked and people do get bumped. Also, it's Indonesia. Flights get delayed and cancenelled a lot more often than in the more developed countries. Some operators of live-aboards allow you to arrive a day early for free, just to make sure you and your gear are there for the departure.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Obviously I had alot of fun making it as well, so glad to hear people enjoy watching it too.

For those wondering, the song is "November number 3" by "Misteur Valaire.

OREN: I want people to watch the video, so I decided to nix any shots of you in it!

As for getting to Labuan Bajo, as Zippsy said you fly from Bali, takes about an hour. Normally two flights a day, but again as zippsy mentioned there can be problems... (a few months back they hit a couple of cows on the runway) But normally is goes a bit smoother than that haha. Be sure to drop by the DIVE KOMODO shop on the main strip and say hello!

Hey Nick

I'm just about to book with you guys for March, I've been emailing Frans :eek:)

Great video .... thanks for posting it

Be sure to drop by the DIVE KOMODO shop on the main strip and say hello!

One question, I do have the S95 and Patima housing that I will use for the first time in february, while filming and taking pix underwater (without talking bout a strobe), did u use the underwater mode of the S95 or a red filter to get all the colors ?

Hey guys Just finished editing my komodo diving video made over the month of november here in komodo national park. Had lots of luck at makassar manta point with some ridiculous manta line ups, and lots of friendly encounters. Also had some sharky dives in the north with lots of schools of fusiliers and hunting giant trevally. Let me know what you guys think and any advice is gladly received as always. Thanks for looking! (be sure to put it in full screen for the best viewing!) you can see the video either on my website homepage: Home : Nick Longfellow Photography or directly on vimeo: Best of Komodo - Below the waves on Vimeo Thanks guys! -nick

I'm staying shallow and using manual white balance for the most part. UW white balance setting isn't enough normally, still very blue. When you have to go deep and the colors are way off (like my shark shots) I normally just flip it to black and white in post production.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom