Diving is not Drag Racing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see new threads and posts where someone post something along the lines of “brand x fins are not as powerful as brand y” or “style x are the only fin that can do…” and so on.

Recreational Diving is not a drag race. Speed very rarely come into play and when serious speed or power is needed the diver’s ability and fitness is 95% of that equation anyway. A fit, skilled diver will out swim most anyone even with the cheapest, weirdest or goofy fin there is, regardless of the fin color.

Many divers love their fin choice and fiercely defend them. Just keep in mind, it is you the diver that has to make the fin decision based on how they feel, fit and work for you. If you really want to race around underwater, get a scooter.

If you really want to race around underwater, get a scooter.
OK, but so that you know my scooter is much faster than yours.........

OK, but so that you know my scooter is much faster than yours.........

My scooter has split props so bring it on!:rofl3:

Split props......ha I'll take your split props and eat them for lunch with my scooters whiskers. Everyone knows you can't frog scooter with split props, gueesh. :mooner: Now if I can just get my boots to fit in this darn scooters foot pocket.:11:

What ever happened to your FLIP props.:rofl4:

On topic:this is what a see a lot of DM's/Guides do,just racing along a divesite "showing"guests as much "big"stuff as possible.:shakehead:

Swim slow see more,is what we do.:wink:

What ever happened to your FLIP props.:rofl4:
I still dive my flipfins when shore diving. Love'em!

On topic:this is what a see a lot of DM's/Guides do,just racing along a divesite "showing"guests as much "big"stuff as possible.:shakehead:

Swim slow see more,is what we do.:wink:

Exactly!

I still dive my flipfins when shore diving. Love'em!

Guess our floppy ear Mod will never be able to operate her flipprop scooter.:rofl3:

Darn guess I have to move this thread to the HUMOR forum. :rofl4:

Just kiddin you
:D

On topic, I have to agree. I do as little finning as possible when diving. Just ride the current when possible.

Recreational Diving is not a drag race.

Yes it is. Haven't you been paying attention??? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom