Diving Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vertaqua

Reaction score
I'm going on a family vacation to Ireland this coming september, and I was interested in doing some diving there. I'm a PADI AOW certified diver with plenty of cold water experience. I'm looking to do wreck diving mostly but will take any advice I can get. Where is the best region to dive in I reland? I'd like to find a shop that has: 1) steel tanks w/DIN fittings, 2) UW Camera rentals, 3) RIB charters. Any advice would be much apreciated.

Thanx

Hi Vertaqua - greetings from Ireland.
Don't know whether you've seen this post but there's lots of info here. If you need any more, let me know - always glad to help!
BTW, it's not really that cold in September!

:eek:ut:

I just went diving in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. The outfit I dove with was great. I actually can't tell you if this dive shop has the things that you are looking for, because I didn't need them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did because they seemed very professional. Scubadivewest is located a bit north of Clifton on the west coast in Galway. Their prices were very good and people were very friendly. And you might get to dive in a fjord. Be sure to wear a drysuit though. Brrrr....

http://www.scubadivewest.com

Good luck,
Lisa

coldest around Feb
warmest around September

well it is on the English south coast. So it looks like Vertaqua's planning is on the ball......

(if it was chance don't let on!)

Jonathan

vertaqua once bubbled...
I'm going on a family vacation to Ireland this coming september, and I was interested in doing some diving there. I'm a PADI AOW certified diver with plenty of cold water experience. I'm looking to do wreck diving mostly but will take any advice I can get. Where is the best region to dive in I reland? I'd like to find a shop that has: 1) steel tanks w/DIN fittings, 2) UW Camera rentals, 3) RIB charters. Any advice would be much apreciated.

Thanx

Down on the SW corner of County Cork is Baltimore, the home of what I believe is the largest divable wreck in the world, the Kowloon Bridge (900' LOA). I'm pretty sure the dive shop there has all three of what you need, but I'm not sure about the camera. I'm SURE about the DIN fittings and RIBs though.
In addition, they have a U-boat with the hatches open and a number of other worthy wrecks. And if the weather blows you out, they also dive Lough Hyne, a freshwater tidal preserve.
Check with http://www.aquaventures.ie
They have onsite accommodations as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom