Dive Sites in Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to do 3 days of diving somewhere in Ireland in early September. Possibly Kilkee, Aran Islands, or Cork based on research, but any recommendations would be appreciated! I am not drysuit certified if that makes a difference.

Thanks very much.

I'm looking to do 3 days of diving somewhere in Ireland in early September. Possibly Kilkee, Aran Islands, or Cork based on research, but any recommendations would be appreciated! I am not drysuit certified if that makes a difference.

Thanks very much.
Skellig Michael, the jewel in the Irish crown, Ballinskelligs (oceandivers.ie). Killary fjord, "scubadivewest" and the Malin Head wrecks " falcondivingchartors" we've had a bit of a heat wave and the water is very warm at the moment, but check the water temp . Welcome to Ireland and have a nice time.

i thought malin heads was the place for wrecks

i thought malin heads was the place for wrecks
Very good wreck diving off Malin Head but there's a lot of wrecks around Ireland, about 3,500 known.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-093934_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-093934_Google.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 73
Very good wreck diving off Malin Head but there's a lot of wrecks around Ireland, about 3,500 known.
Some of those are a fair old way out!

@ScallopedHammerhead - do you know of wrecksite.eu? It lists most wrecks and has some history of them

impressive! there seems a pretty straight line along the bottom edge is that just where theyve been searched/scanned for

impressive! there seems a pretty straight line along the bottom edge is that just where theyve been searched/scanned for
Wrecks within Irelands territorial waters and Infomar survey. Ireland has 3 times more territory underwater than overwater.

Skellig Michael, the jewel in the Irish crown, Ballinskelligs (oceandivers.ie). Killary fjord, "scubadivewest" and the Malin Head wrecks " falcondivingchartors" we've had a bit of a heat wave and the water is very warm at the moment, but check the water temp . Welcome to Ireland and have a nice time.
Thanks so much!! We ended up diving with "scubadivewest" in Killary fjord. Cillian and team were amazing. Would definitely go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom