Diving info about Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey,

Brand spanken new to this site. I'm the wife of a diver who does all the bookings of our trips and always book around places for my husband to dive. Just hoping to get some new ideas on places to go. He has dove in Roatan Honduras, Mayan Riviera Mexico, Cozamel, Cayo Coco, Jamaica, Curacao, Holguin Cuba and now looking to go to Santa Claira Cuba. Can anybody tell me if this is a good choice and is diving available from the resort. We are looking at Melia Las Dunas. Thanks,

Hello!
im one of the very little PADI instructors living in Cuba
The Hotel is great, big with nice swimming pools, the beach is beautiful, and good drinks on theirs bars, good restaurants, and rooms. Important to bring spray for the mosquitos.
I haven’t dived there but a friend of mine did, he said it was beautifull, big groupers and lot to see.
They do the dives by boat.
There is a dive masters at the swimming pool, he would help you booking the dives.

---------- Post added ----------

Hello!
im one of the very little PADI instructors living in Cuba
The Hotel is great, big with nice swimming pools, the beach is beautiful, and good drinks on theirs bars, good restaurants, and rooms. Important to bring spray for the mosquitos.
I haven’t dived there but a friend of mine did, he said it was beautifull, big groupers and lot to see.
They do the dives by boat.
There is a dive masters at the swimming pool, he would help you booking the dives.

I know it might be difficult to get some info on Cuba, you could try Debbie's Caribbean review for more info. My wife and I are both dive pros and have been all over the world and found Cuba supprisingly good. That is after a disappointing first dive. All the others were filled with a good variety of life, big and small, healthy reefs and some interesting wrecks. This was in the Cayo Largo area and not veradero were my wife had dove before and was disappointed. Remember, most people don't go to Cuba for the food but we found it just fine and the locals were very nice people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom