Diving in Vietnam - Phan Thiet & Ca Na

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi

I am planning a trip to Vietnam in October/November and will be spending some time in Phan Thiet.

I have heard that there is no diving there but that there is a Korean Dive Outfit based in Ca Na, an hour or so's drive north of Phan Thiet

Has anybody heard of it or any other dive sites near to Phan Thiet

Thanks

Pen

pjdwellshot
I was there in Vietnam last year teaching some courses and I dove at this place. My friend has a dive shop in Vietnam that could possible help you out. Try emailing him at
mikedoyle44 @hotmail.com

Bruce

Bruce

thanks for the quick response.

I emailed your friend and he has said that there is a place in Ca Na run by a korean

thanks

Pen

I had hear that Nha Trang was the only sanctioned dive location in Thailand. I've been interested in diving there for a few years now. Coincidentally I met two women divers today on Catalina who were born in Nha Trang and have dived there. We will be comparing notes tomorrow so I'll see what I can learn from them.

Dr. Bill

drbill once bubbled...
I had hear that Nha Trang was the only sanctioned dive location in Thailand. I've been interested in diving there for a few years now. Coincidentally I met two women divers today on Catalina who were born in Nha Trang and have dived there. We will be comparing notes tomorrow so I'll see what I can learn from them.

Dr. Bill

Nha Trang is in Vietnam. I don't know about sanctioning but it's the only place where the diving is at all decent. There are better places to go in SEA.

but this post asks specifically about locations in Vietnam. I wasn't able to go there on my last trip to SEA but did find some nice spots to bubble elsewhere of course!

Dr. Bill

Oops... just noticed the error in my post (Thailand vs Vietnam). Of course Nha Trang is in Vietnam and there are numerous wonderful places to dive in Thailand!

Dr. Bill

I've been diving in Nha Trang, liked it much. Whale Island was also pretty good. Next time I hope to go to Phu Quoc, we'll see.

I heard the outfit in Ca Na may not be as concerned about safety as some. E.g. Someone who dived there told me that the shop never asked to see cards. (Also heard the "wreck" was just an outline in the sand). Can't verify this personally, just heard.

D.

Hmmmm hey guys, I'm sure Vietnam has a lot of Great diving sites! they just need to be discovered i guess!

The only sure thing i know is Nha Trang like everybody else mentioned! If you're looking for a vacation full of diving, Vietnam is not the place ( YET ). I guess it's coming in the near future! But if you are on holiday there anyway its worth it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom