Diving in Turkiye!...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yceltikci:
That's all for now, please keep asking...

Rgrds
Yener

Hi Yever, I've only dived in the Philippines so far and over there the resorts were usually near the beach and offered both diving as well as room and board. Free shore dives were often available as long as you had a buddy to go with.

I'm looking for something similar in Europe. I'd like to stay near (walking distance) the dive operator and do a shore dive each morning with my gf to practice my dir-f drills and kicks as well as teach them to my gf. I wouldn't need any actual sites to visit at the shore or harbor - just a place to practice. In addition, I'd prefer to do 2-3 fun dives per day. I was planning to stay in just one resort because I thought it would be easier and because you usually get a better deal if you do 10+ dives with the same operator. However, I'm assuming there are at least 15+ dive sites to visit per area. I'd prefer to use nitrox and doubles - I have the the equipment myself, but some dive ops give you attitude if you want to use doubles, so obviously I'd like to avoid those places. Also, wrecks and caves would be a plus.

Can you recommend any specific resorts by name? What tanks were people using?

*Floater*:
Hi Yever, I've only dived in the Philippines so far and over there the resorts were usually near the beach and offered both diving as well as room and board. Free shore dives were often available as long as you had a buddy to go with.

Most of the diving sites around Turkiye is reached by boat after a travel of 10-45 min. Shore diving is very dry and you wouldn't like at all. So don't bother... :wink:

*Floater*:
I'm looking for something similar in Europe. I'd like to stay near (walking distance) the dive operator and do a shore dive each morning with my gf to practice my dir-f drills and kicks as well as teach them to my gf. I wouldn't need any actual sites to visit at the shore or harbor - just a place to practice. In addition, I'd prefer to do 2-3 fun dives per day. I was planning to stay in just one resort because I thought it would be easier and because you usually get a better deal if you do 10+ dives with the same operator.

You would most probably like to have an accomodation in a holiday village like Robinson or so. Those guys have inhouse diving facility. You may have tanks and weights all day. Moreover, you can have daily dive trips to the diving sites around.

*Floater*:
However, I'm assuming there are at least 15+ dive sites to visit per area. I'd prefer to use nitrox and doubles - I have the the equipment myself, but some dive ops give you attitude if you want to use doubles, so obviously I'd like to avoid those places. Also, wrecks and caves would be a plus.

Nitrox and doubles are mirage... :wink: you can hardly find it in some places but I don't think Robinson offers nitrox. try bringing your double rig. You can find ALU tanks but mostly air. Wrecks and caves are no problem.... :D

Sorry for the late answer, I was very busy last week...

Rgrds,
Yener

Back
Top Bottom