Diving in Turkiye!...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yceltikci

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dear friends,

If any of you plan to dive in Turkiye anytime, please feel free to contact me.
I'm no dive center owner, nor a tourism agency dealer.

I'm just a volunteer to help you!

Advices on dive sites, accomodation, transportations, seasons and what to see, where to go is avalible...

Do not hesitate... Just ask!

Regards,
Yener

El Orans:
We just might go there this year, thanks for the offer!

Don't hesitate to drop me a PM. I'll do my best... I think Mike7 had great experiences. Let's hear him...

Rgrds,
Yener

yceltikci:
Dear friends,

If any of you plan to dive in Turkiye anytime, please feel free to contact me.
I'm no dive center owner, nor a tourism agency dealer.

I'm just a volunteer to help you!

Advices on dive sites, accomodation, transportations, seasons and what to see, where to go is avalible...

Do not hesitate... Just ask!

Regards,
Yener

Thanks for the offer Yener.

I'm thinking of going to turkey, greece or some place around there in March for about a week. Ideally I'd like the place to have nitrox and manifolded doubles availables (or at last to be okay with independent doubles), free shore dives with own gear (except for tanks/weights) and no dm, decent prices for regular dives and a resort included in the dive shop or nearby with at least warm water showers.

Any suggestions?

Also, how's the water temp around there in march? what type of exposure protection do people wear?

I went with my dad last year at the end of september and dived 9 days with http://www.aquaprodivers.com diving in Fethiye.

We went out to do my advance course but also added on the deep, night and photography courses. Turkey has some great dive sites and most dives were never the same place, we got asked where we wanted to go. It isnt the best place for losts of colourfull fish but the sites you do see are worth while! lots of tunnels, huge drop off walls and caves (not tech caves) but still great fun. I would go again.

Thanks to aquapro divers, they are a crazy lot! even the chief got to dive on our last day arent they kind :p and yceltikci who helped me prior me going to Turkey.

I'm happy to help if anyone wants to know anything if I can that is :)
I also made a video of my trip but hosting is a pain....

*Floater*

I'm pretty sure its all boat diving where I stayed as the boat was in the harbor right next to a bar that we all went to afterwards, the prices were cheaper then the other companys at £22 a day 2dives pickup/return and food onboard, also its all guided in Turkey, yceltikci may correct me but I'm pretty sure.

Avg temp was 24'c, fine in a 3mil shorty but we used their semi's on the deeper dives because we could.

Mike7:
*Floater*

I'm pretty sure its all boat diving where I stayed as the boat was in the harbor right next to a bar that we all went to afterwards, the prices were cheaper then the other companys at £22 a day 2dives pickup/return and food onboard, also its all guided in Turkey, yceltikci may correct me but I'm pretty sure.

Avg temp was 24'c, fine in a 3mil shorty but we used their semi's on the deeper dives because we could.

Looks like a nice place - thanks for the info. Do you know whether they have nitrox available? Do they have rooms too or did you stay some place else?

*Floater*:
Looks like a nice place - thanks for the info. Do you know whether they have nitrox available? Do they have rooms too or did you stay some place else?

I'm not sure about having nitrox onboard you would need to email them but no one used it on our trips, most dives were 45+min long.

We stayed in Hisaronu and were picked up at 8:45 each morning and as the Fethiye pickup is at 9:30 they will go some way to pick you up.

Mike7:
I'm not sure about having nitrox onboard you would need to email them but no one used it on our trips, most dives were 45+min long.

We stayed in Hisaronu and were picked up at 8:45 each morning and as the Fethiye pickup is at 9:30 they will go some way to pick you up.

You cannot find Nitrox in Fethiye at the moment. But very close to Fethiye, there is Kas. Capital of diving in Turkiye. They offer nitrox there, and great diving sites. Mike7, you might think of going there next year :D

Floater, every diving center in Turkiye has some accomodation offers for you. You can take them or you can find other alternatives. For Kas & Fethiye & Kalkan (all cery close to each other) I can find you diving and accomodation contacts very easily... PM me when you decide. I recommend you to have a couple of days in each spot, if you plan to stay a week or more in Turkiye...

Regards,
Yener

Check the thread below and DL the link I have given to have some idea of what you can find in Turkiye while diving.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=102777

As per to the temperature, March will be a little bit colder than Sept. since snow melts on the mountains and cold water mixes sea water. Anyway a 3-5 mm semi dry is more than enough. You will be supplied this in the dive center for free but I strongly recommend you to bring yours, otherwise you have to use some crap gear :)

About the divemasters, it is obligatory by law that foreginers must have a guide while diving. But your attitude and skills in diving may help you a DM-free dive. Please do not try to pick up any critters or amphoras. You may end up in a cooler (jail).... :)

That's all for now, please keep asking...

Rgrds
Yener

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom