Diving in Tulamben after volcano eruption

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Hsu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has any dived in Tulamben after the volcano eruption. Have a planned trip next February want to see if it has any effect underwater. I have read the other thread and didn't see anything.

As I am writing this reply, we are in Tulamben with 2 DMT’s and another fun diver.

Underwater conditions are good, hot water at approximately 29 degrees as always, visibility at 20 meters and everything is quite alright.

However, not all restaurants are yet open so dive centers have to arrange their own lunch but not an issue for us.

In other words, Tulamben as well as Amed are open and safe. Volcano is quiet and does not show any signs for a week now.

Fingers crossed :)

With respect and appreciation,
Julian

I was there too when Agung erupted. No problem under water from eruption. Last month they had a lot of rain, also mostly in February. The rain causes less visibility, not the eruptions. It was amazing to hear the tremors from the volcano under water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom