Diving in the South Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely recommend diving in the Cook Islands - the reefs around Rarotonga are all fringing, hence only 5 minute ride to get to brilliant dive sites. We went around this time of year and had a whale singing to us during our entire first dive, and then as we climbed back into the boat, she breached about 15 metres away from us!! Beautiful! Only negative thing was the crown of thorns starfish - they were in massive numbers when we were there, but I understand they were implementing a control/destroy program... not sure how successful they've been.

Definitely recommend Pacific Divers over Cook Island Divers - friendly crew know their dive sites and critters! Sooooo many nudibranchs & sharks!

Hi All,
Am a newbie on this forum.

My 16yr old son & myself recently did the PADI Open Water certificate together. We are going on the Pacific Sun to the Isle of Pines, Mystery Is, Vila, Lifou & Noumea over the coming school holidays & I would REALLY appreciate advice from anyone as to recommended diving for any or all of these locations.

We are only in port for one day at each place, so just single morning/arvo dives are about we will be able to fit in unfortunately. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for particular dive companies at the same locations.

Any advice would be appreciated to take advantage of what limited time we have!

Thanks in advance,

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom