Diving in the Philippines, Oct 1 to 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cktheworldtraveler

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering going to the Philippine's Oct 1 to 8 to try the diving. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? I like the looks of Moalboal. I have also heard of a place I believe is in Palau that has non-stinging jellyfish. Is this true?

Also, is it safe for a female to travel alone here?

Your advice is appreciated!

Palau isn't in the Philippines, but you can reach it via flight from there. It is famous for the jellyfish lake...as well as the more conventional and world-class diving.

The Philippines has a staggering wealth of diving opportunities, all of which are sensational.

If you like wrecks...try Coron (Palawan) or Subic (just north of Manila).

If you like reefs with lots of macro critters..try Anilao, Batangas (a few hours south of Manila) or Puerto Galera (drive and ferry from Manila).

Further afield (but reachable with cheap, short flights) are Cebu, Bohol, Malapascua...to name but a few. Any of which will offer mind-blowing diving.

yes, Palau has a lake full of stingless jellyfish!

Diving in the Philippines is awesome, and very affordable. Yes I would say the Philippines are safe for a female solo traveler, but obviously there are simple measures to take to assure your safety (as there are most places) and probably a few places to avoid... In general, the people of the Philippines are very kind and welcoming. I found them very very friendly! :coffee:

Jellyfish lake is in Palau. It is my understanding that Coron also has a sting less jellyfish lake.
As far as a female traveling alone, my niece spent 5 weeks in the Philippines traveling alone, and had no problems, (a few marriage proposals) but no serious problems. She enjoyed herself immensely.
For the diving; early Oct. can be rainy in the Luzon region, so Moalboal would be a good start. Bohol, or Dumagete would be great also!
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!! :D

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I will look at these options!!

I am considering going to the Philippine's Oct 1 to 8 to try the diving. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? I like the looks of Moalboal. I have also heard of a place I believe is in Palau that has non-stinging jellyfish. Is this true?

Also, is it safe for a female to travel alone here?

Your advice is appreciated!
Hi There!

You will have no problem here in Moalboal as a lone female traveller as we have many girls passing through here alone on a regular basis.

If you need any information or advice about diving or travelling to Moalboal please feel free to contact me.

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom