"Diving in" the New Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have heard that some cave divers are goin gto be gathering at Peacock Springs for a midnight dive, to "dive in" the New Year. I'm only OW, and would still like to atleast look into the idea of a dive to take place from about 20 till to just after midnight....I know Ginnie Springs is open, but don't want to pay $30 just do dive the ballroom, though they do have those warm showers... Are any state parks open? I'm located in Gainesville, and am willing to drive an hour in most any direction, really. I love Royal Springs and Alexander, both of which are state parks, and close at 6 or 7pm.

Where can I dive for cheap on New Years?

Alexander is a national park.

Does Royal have a gate or anything that gets closed? I can't remember, its been a couple years since I've been, no real hurry to get back... I know it was run as a park, but I don't remember it really being something that closes.

You can dive Orange Grove at Peacock with an OW card, just stay out the cavern, it'll be considered a cave dive without any ambient light.

SB is having a bash at Weekie Watchie. Ok, so it's not cheap.. but there it is an option.

Royal does have a gate, but I considered just walking around it...I just don't want to get in trouble :)

Weekie Watchie is more than Ginnie, and I thought you had to sign up for it or something??

My understanding from Cavediver.net is that only Peacock 1 is open, as per "park regulations." No Orange Grove that night, I'm afraid. :(

do you know if they let you get in the water at Alexander at night if you camp there? And when do those gators eat?

Gators are more active at night.

I don't think they let you dive after 4-5PM even if you camp :/

Your best bet is likely Ginnie, its private and they opted to stay open, and its reliable.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom