Diving in the Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note, you would need to find a buddy on a boat too. No DM in the water, and folks tend to be already buddied up on boats. Also, if time is an issue, you should look into the schedule of the boats - in my experience, shore diving is less time and more flexible.

Here, facebook (google Monterey scuba - there's several groups) or Meetup.com (several scuba groups) are all good places to find buddies (and maybe even a carpool down to Monterey)

You should be able to find a buddy, especially if you have a spot available on a Lobos reservation. I would jump at one, except that's the day of my family reunion. There are other shore diving spots that don't require a reservation. Breakwater is the most convenient - although often crowded. Good chance of diving with sea lions there.

Oh also, although the Lobos reservation page makes it seem like you need to have a buddy ahead of time, you really don't. You could put whatever info into the 2nd diver - even a made up person -- its not like they check it ahead of time. You just need to have a buddy on the day of the dive.

Hope you have good dives.

@Chavodel8en, I'm sold on Point Lobos and made a reservation. :)

Applications are now open for a buddy who's willing to come with me, have their park entry fee paid, and lunch bought for them.

Will need help arranging tank/weights rental for pickup or will need to borrow. Happy to compensate for borrowing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom