Diving in Taiwan's green island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi fellow divers,

I'm heading to a trip in taiwan, will be travelling to taipei, taitung and green island.

I'll be at taiwan between the 30th May till the 6th May, hopefully arriving at green island on the 2nd.

I'm Padi certified advance diver, but I'm not that experienced, just clock 12 dives in malaysia's water. I'll be bring my own gears along to green island, i've a local friend in taitung who will be travelling with me around taiwan.

I've some concerns about diving in green island, I'll like to know the costs I should be expecting and safety standards.

I was told that current are strong at green islands, and some hammerheads might be around that island at this time of the year. Now...i'm not sure if i'm good enough to dive at green island.

I was quoted NT$200 per guided dive + air tank. Is that the regular price to expect?

I would suggest to set involved with a local shop that goes to Green Island. Almost every shop or group organises a trip every month. Start with an internet search....if you cant find what you are looking for then PM me.

200NTD .....only in dream land will it be that price. 2000NTD is more realistic.

Hi fellow divers,

I'm heading to a trip in taiwan, will be travelling to taipei, taitung and green island.

I'll be at taiwan between the 30th May till the 6th May, hopefully arriving at green island on the 2nd.

I'm Padi certified advance diver, but I'm not that experienced, just clock 12 dives in malaysia's water. I'll be bring my own gears along to green island, i've a local friend in taitung who will be travelling with me around taiwan.

I've some concerns about diving in green island, I'll like to know the costs I should be expecting and safety standards.

I was told that current are strong at green islands, and some hammerheads might be around that island at this time of the year. Now...i'm not sure if i'm good enough to dive at green island.

I was quoted NT$200 per guided dive + air tank. Is that the regular price to expect?

I realise this thread is years old but just in case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for Green Island dive prices in 2011, here they are. This is current for February 2011. two guided boat dives with two tanks of EANx 32 and weights. NT$2,500, with air NT$2100, a private room in a hotel NT$1500 in a dorm NT$400, scooter rental $400 (no public transport on the island) Gear rental is NT$1000 per day for a full set. For shore diving, single tanks of EANx 32 are $450 each, single tanks of air are $250 each.
Safe diving. If you want any advice on diving Green Island or Orchid Island or indeed any where in Taiwan PM me, I am resident ex-pat dive instructor here.

Back
Top Bottom