Diving in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the offer. I will certain take it up, once my leave are planned out.

Saw on the news about that typhoon in the taiwan & HK. No. 8 or something. Hoped that all is well at TW and that the dive spots are still, er, intact ?

I have never seen one typon before, but that would be another experience. Now I realised the reason for my taiwanese friend not wanting to chat on the phone. Perhaps it was that reason.

Dear Snoopy

The typhoon didn't do any hurt to TW.
Don'e worry.
Recently the weather is pretty good,
Diving is also good.

Steponwind

Hi Snoopy!

When I did a seach on "Taiwan", your post from last fall came up. Did you ever do any diving in Taiwan afterall?

I'm going to be in Taipei in May, and I thought that I should try to do some diving in Asia. I though about trying to do a liveaboard in Indonesia, but the State Dept Travel Warning makes me uneasy about traveling there.

So, I'm trying to figure out what the diving is like in Taiwan.... Would love to hear how your trip turned out!

Thanks!

Snoopy:
Thanks for the offer. I will certain take it up, once my leave are planned out.

Saw on the news about that typhoon in the taiwan & HK. No. 8 or something. Hoped that all is well at TW and that the dive spots are still, er, intact ?

I have never seen one typon before, but that would be another experience. Now I realised the reason for my taiwanese friend not wanting to chat on the phone. Perhaps it was that reason.

Hi Picses

I am Steponwind living in Taipei.
You could read my article posted before.
And if you have any questions about diving in Taiwan, you could just ask me on the net or just e-mail me.
Hope you will have good dive in Taiwan.

Steponwind

hi guys, I will be going to Taipei in a week, and I was planning on doing a dive trip from there to either Philippines or Indonesia. Can any of you recommend any travel agents or places where I can get inexpensive flights?

Hi Funky:

Did you want to book a dive trip to the PI or Indo when you arrive in Taiwan? If you read Chinese; you can go here www.buylowtravel.com.tw or www.ezfly.com.tw if you don't, you can go here http://www.interlink.com.tw/ You can book the flights here in Taiwan and book the dive pacakge with the PI or Indo operators. I am sure the operators will be able to arrange all transfers, accomadations and diving once you get there. Let me know if you need more info, hope these links can help you.

Hey, it may be an urban legend, but I heard that the best diving on the Island is at the Nuclear Power Plant cooling water outfall reef, as the water is a couple of degrees warmer than elsewhere.

Can anyone confirm or deny??

cancun mark:
Hey, it may be an urban legend, but I heard that the best diving on the Island is at the Nuclear Power Plant cooling water outfall reef, as the water is a couple of degrees warmer than elsewhere.

Can anyone confirm or deny??

i can't confirm, as i haven't dived there myself, but i've heard the reef there was bleached because of the warmer water.

lobbolt:
i can't confirm, as i haven't dived there myself, but i've heard the reef there was bleached because of the warmer water.

The dive site is "ho be who" and it has a lot of great soft corals. I have dived there about 10 times. The amount of people diving there have damaged some of the coral but the main risk is all the jetski's above. it's a shore dive. if the visiblity is right it can be great. but there are other sites down there as well. like sand island. it is very beautiful but definitely go with a local dive guide because the currents can be very strong. jeff's scuba dive shop in kaohsiung is a great shop and a 5 star padi.
have fun diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom