Diving in Taiwan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If by exotic sea life you mean small critters and tropical fish you don't normally see in Arkansas you should be in luck. If you are thinking sharks, rays and bigger animals it is very unlikely. If you had the time and were looking for something a little different you could visit xiaoliuqui as you would be guaranteed to see 4~5 green turtles per dive. There's a small chance seeing them in other sites.

Kenting is a great place to go to if you have just a couple days, good viz, if you had longer I would say get over to one of the islands like green island or orchid island great viz.

If you only have a day, and are located in Taipei then you might just be able to pull off a day diving down south if you took the high speed rail.. but more easier you could dive Longdong or some of the other sites on the north coast, poor viz. Up north you won't see the abundance of soft corals that you will see down south.. lots more rocks.. but hey it's cheap.. we saw juvenile barracuda, trumpet fish, clown trigger, titan trigger, moray eel and a few other common reef fish.

NE coast is all shore diving, need to go down south if you are looking for boat dives. It is not quite shorty weather, well up north at least. Longdong had 23C at depth this weekend, a couple further east had 25C at depth.

while taking the high speed rail how long will it take to get to Kenting? I will located in the Neihu District from June 6-15. I don't know how much all this will cost. I can afford the dives and the boat dives, but I'm unsure how long it takes to get to the locations and cost of getting there now. I thought Teipai was in the southern region of Taiwan, but after looking at the map again I see I was wrong. I'll be basicly on the opposite end...

Fastest train is 1hr40m, earliest express train can get you in at 08:15. Cost is NTD2680 (USD83), you then would need to get from kaohsiung to kenting. A taxi would cost about NTD1500 (USD50) one way, or a shared cab would cost NTD350 (USD11) about 90mins, there are many waiting in front, they will only leave once full. You could even head down the night before, a bunk in a dorm room is usually NTD500 (USD16).

As you can see, really if you have just one day you are better just diving the north coast.

I heard it's going to be busy during the days I'm going to be there to and hard to get anything... June 6-15

Sounds like there is no quick easy answer to this besides diving in the North, but from the reviews and the statements made on here that's not really an option either due to the poor experience I'd probably have.

It will be busy weekend of 9 ~12th as that is a public holiday. North coast is really not that bad, just that the south is better, we get out every other weekend and it is enjoyable. We just rent tanks and go so costs about $5 a dive :)

hope I get to go... if we can find a place in kenting that's an okay price we will. Just hope it's not all booked up. We have a place in Taipei, just want to stay in Kenting for a few. Get some cool dives in and if it's that big of a holiday then my kids would probably love the show.

Sucks... couldn't get any rooms. They are all taken.... :( Kenting is busy busy

does anyone have any good connections to reserve a decent hotel for a few days in Kenting for a reasonable price?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom