Diving in Taiwan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you check out 墾丁潛水
It's an old dive center but is decent/trustworthy. Our group stayed there twice. Their website lists price for bunk bed is NT$300 per person.
Location to shore or harbor...will require 5 minute driving. They have trucks to help you get there.

Nasty thing about Kenting is that most of the hotels form some kind of union and force control the pricing high up.

I noticed. I found some places online that gave good prices, but it's 2.1 miles away from shore which is no biggy, but when my father asked them how much they were they said $500 USD a night. We refuse to pay that when it say $95 a night online. It will be me, both my parents, and my two children so the bunk beds won't pan out for us. still looking though. Wish I could call them and speak with a person instead of this online crap lol

$500 A NIGHT! With China's provocation strategy this year of cutting down their tourist quota to Taiwan,
we are expecting to see many greedy hotels/hostels to go bankrupt. CAN. NOT. WAIT. :happywave:

More reasons why we just don't go Kenting anymore. And in the summer it is just tooooo hot for some northern folks.

bctiger86, this close to a major holiday weekend it is quite unlikely that you will be able to find anything in Kenting at a reasonable price. Likewise, Xiao Liu Chiu and Green Island and Orchid Island--and their respective ferries--are probably booked solid.

You can, though, take day trips out to the north coast for local diving. Most of it is not spectacular, and the more spectacular sites are not suitable for someone with <25 dives. However, there is always some marine life worth seeing, including colorful reef fishes, hard and soft corals, occasional octopuses, a wide variety of nudibranch species, etc.etc. Perhaps it isn't world-class diving, but there are a great many of us who are out there diving the north coast almost every weekend of the season . . . for some local diving that's cheap and easy to arrange and is convenient for someone in Taipei, you might as well.

well I found one place, but like I said... the site says I can book at one price, but they are telling my father another price over the phone. All the same we are planning on making a day trip down there. I have made it my mission to at least get one day of diving there if not hopefully two. Wish I could get that room, but I do t want to get there and have a surprise price waiting either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom