Diving in Taba - Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived in Taba about six years ago. I had been diving in Eilat with Aquasport, and decided to cross the border for a little while to see if it was any different. I'm glad I did, it was far better than any of the sites in Israel.
I don't think you could ever class it amongst the best diving in the red sea, but it was really very pleasant. Don't expect to see any large pelagics, there's nothing that far north, but the coral was in good condition, plenty of smaller fish, and no problem with currents at all. Very few dives will even go below 20m, as everything is in the shallows. It's about as relaxed as diving gets. All diving is day diving.
One thing to look out for is frog fish. I've never seen one anywhere else in the red sea, but I saw three here.
All in all, it's probably not somewhere you'll rush back to after you've dived it, you'll probably be running off to the Brothers Islands or Sudan once you've got a taste of the red sea, but I can think of worse places in the world to be. Aquasport were very good by the way, based at the Taba Hilton, as someone has already mentioned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom