Diving in St. Augustine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I am coming to visit St. Augustine next summer (2015).

Do I understand you to say that there is essentially no good diving right at St. Augustine? The springs that people speak of in Central Florida -- is this cave diving?

How could I get a pretty good sense of what diving there is around St. Augustine? Maybe call a local dive shop?

Thanks,

Bill

Atlanticprodivers are the only legit charter in the area out of Jax bch.Vis has been 30 to 60 ,was in upper 60s inshore,mid us offshore . St Augustin is strictly private boat diving.

Jacksonville is under an hour north of St. Augustine. Here's what you can access from there. Jacksonville Dive Spots

One local St. Augustine operator seems to dive only in the springs or in Jupiter/West Palm Beach - that's about 3 hrs. down the coast.

The famous one fairly close by is Ginnie Springs. I'd put it at under 2 hours west. Ginnie Springs - Florida Scuba Diving Clubs Here's others - maybe some are closer: Map of Florida Spring locations, Florida Springs Map - Florida's Springs: Protecting Nature's Gems

Ah, I remember back in the early 50s when we lived near Jacksonville Beach and would occasionally go down to Saint Augustine. Loved the Castillo de san Marcos and used to frolic in the surf as a young tyke and wonder how they built the fort out of coquina shells! No diving for me back then... I had to wait nearly 10 years to do my first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom