Diving In Serbia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kudos to Marek! :)
Hvala.

What kind of lijepo/ljepo you get depends on where you're from!! :eyebrow:

Oops, that's right... you told us. Hvala lijepo, right?

There's also apparently a theory that "Zagreb" comes from "behind the depression/dug up area." But I don't like that version as much...

...and some of us even know the various theories about where the name "Zagreb" came from!! :D ("Behind the mountain range", etc.)

wow!! bravo :popcorn:

Thanks Pohorc for the information.

Only diving I did in Yugoslavia was in the Sava river, started on the Croatia side by Zupanja and swam a crossed.... Not a lot of fun. I would love a trip to the water by Zagreb, though.

The 11th International Underwater Film Festival will be held in Belgrade, Serbia from 14th to 19th December 2007. More info below:
Beograd KPA Diving Club

You may get the valuable info regarding diving in Serbia through the following sites of dive clubs. Unfortunately there is no English versons of the sites, but I'm shure they will reply if you contact them in English.

Akademija ronjenja - Main Serbian Diving Portal
AKADEMIJARONJENJA - Contact

Svet ronjenja- Diving magazine
S.D.T. Svet Ronjenja

Sebastian - Diving Club
Internet Cruiser: http://www.sebastian.org.yu/

Aquanaut Scuba Diving Center
...:::AQUANAUT BEOGRAD:::... - Contact

Amfora Diving Club
Dobro došli na zvanicni sajt ronilackog kluba AMFORA

Take care:)

Much appreciated for the information Ronjac

I owe a part of shares in a business in Serbia, its an agricultural some 45min drive from Belgrade.
20-35m artificial lake planned to be afish reserve. We've bought the lake 6 years ago, we still have some legal issues with the prevoius owner (won't allow us to use the WHOLE lake...i mean...go figure his way of thinking) but diving is possible. there are some ancient roman ruins on the bottom, i guess they've flooded them in the 50s when the lake was being made, there is a thick layer of silt at the very bottom so you can only see a few parts of walls and a part of aquaduct. visibility is about3-5met, depends. LOTS of fish - pike, carp, zander, catfish...
Also, on the very border with Romania, there is a great divesite on a danube river, depth is about 40-42met, but the vis is crappy, no more then 2met, but on 12met there is a cavern thengoes some 110met into the mainland and then rapidly goes down to 38-39. 4 years ago there was an enormous catfish living in there, i've freaked out when I saw it, I was half step away from washing my drysuit on the inside, is you know what I mean. there are several caves
Just on the very border with Bosnia there is a huge Zvornichko lake where city of Zvornik is, you can have a year of diving there and not getting bored. It was issued after building a hydroelectric power station in 1954 so when they were building it, they've flooded a few villages so you can go in and dive the houses and stuff. water temp. gets up to 23-24C during the summer, average srping temp. is about 17
A few other places in Serbia when you can wash up your gills:

palichko lake - very warm, i was sking diving there, no prob. 2 years ago very clean, this year a bit dirty, i guess they don't filter the water anymore. from what i've heard, there is a less and less fish in there so i guess there are no more antural filters like fresh water shells and rivercrabs. probably due to less O2 in the water.

White (belo) lake - this is more a fish pond :) but i've found 11met there, more-less clean, up to 5met visibility.

Gruzhansko lake - not far from the city of Kraguyevac. twas made so that the city can get drinking water. local sherfiff forbids swimming but was a bit confused when we told him that we are DIVING, NOT SWIMMING. so he went off and never showed again :) freaking clear water, almost like in florida springs, not so warm. I've used my 7mm semidry on the 1st day but I was too cold so i had to go back to belgrade to grab my drysuit and undergarment. There is a hole on the upper midpart of the lake and the depth goes to 27 but that place is very narrow, maybe it is some old flooded whell or something. its just big anought for 3 guys with doubles to get it, but you have to keep pretty close to each other. lake is some 7-8miles long and about 0.8mil wide.

Peruchac is in western Serbia near the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina, comes from the Drina River and the main feature Bajina Bashta hydro-electric power plant. lake itself was made in 1966 as a result of a joint venture by ex-Yugoslavian and Japanese companies and it also has a reversible pumping station. Excessive electrical power produced during the rain season was used to pump water from Lake Perućac up to Mountain Tara, some 600 metres above so you also have another artificial lake in the mountains, called Beli Rzav.
check this out YouTube - Jezero u Perucu

BUNCH of people there during the summertime.
No Diving Clubs there (at least 4yrs ago) so we had to drag tanks and compressor from belgrade.
I've fond a spot with 68met on the very place some old dude said it would be, and that area is pretty big, goes almost 400met in lenght. but the locals say that there is "a hole" in the lake which s 100met. on the other hand, 100met in very village is an enormous depth so it might be 50, might be 1 mile :)
BEWARE!!! A HUGE AMMOUNT OF FISH IN THE LAKE!!! MAKES YOU WANT GO SPEARFISHING!!
:)
another nice video YouTube - Perucko jezero (****ty music though).

Silver lake - very clean and very green. dunno why they call it silver lake. totally wild place, about 11miles long and has only 300met of beachec and cafes. we've spend a week there diving, about 80miles from Belgrade. Las summer was awesome, very warm water, very still and very interesting. tons of crabfish on the bottom! This is just an awesome place as it has some new hotels, very VERY nice and very cheap. friend and I did about 20-25 dives in a week. awesome place!
some info on the accomodation
Turistička organizacija Veliko Gradište - Hoteli

i can reccomend this one Vila Lago - Srebrno Jezero
no english website at the moment (bummer) but if you need translation, i can help, i'm getting better in serbian every day :) )

Djerdap lakeand national park
Nacionalni park Djerdap
HUGE place.
no DCs so you have to bring your stuff from A to Z and also you have to talkto park rangers about diving. They are freaking hard to do so, you have to explain them every detail but it is worth the sweat.
We've spend 2 weeks there last september, not the warmess time for diving but that is when you get the max visibility.
max depth - 100-101met (see photos)

Vlasina lake -1200met altitute, not so deep, about 34-35met, but VERY COLD!!!! 11 degrees C on the bottom!!!
But very nice sorroundings, so many stuff lives in and around the lake, its amazing! Trout, perch, minnow, barbel, grass carp, common carp, crucian carp, tench, roach....

Back
Top Bottom