Diving in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

August and September are generally very good diving months for the Gulf of Thailand - we've seen many Whale Sharks around this time of year for the last few years at Sail Rock, Chumpon Pinnacles and South West Pinnacles.....and quite often we have them all to ourselves! For many hours!

Hate to say it but there isn't too much "quiet diving" left in Thailand. Most sites will have multiple dive-boats and multiple divers.
Your only option for really quiet diving may be if you hire your own private boat and dive at times when daytrip vessels are not around.

There is plenty of quiet diving left if you are willing to look a little harder. There are many places where there is good diving and no other divers. Apart from our small groups, I have never seen another diver on our sites. I also have taught at some of the islands in Trang province where there is some very exciting local diving with no other divers.

I am looking to go in Nov -where is the muck sites in Thailand ?

Similarly if you are willing to look beyond the "fairground dives" then there are some interesting places to explore.

We have some of densest mangrove and expanses of sea grass in the country. Next season - starting November - we will be running exploratory diving survey trips to see what we can find. PM me if you are interested.

I'm going to be in Thailand in late October (20-24), also. We're planning to be on the Andaman side. What do you recommend for good diving?

How do we go about finding some less publicized sites (non-fairground)?

Back
Top Bottom