Diving in SE Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My name is Justin, and I work at Diver's Den in St Mary's Ga. We are right on the state line b/t GA and FL, off 95. We have a huge showroom selling scuba pro, zeagle, and aqua lung just to name a few. We have our own charter buisness as well. We run a 36' Gulf Stream out of St Mary's every day the weather lets us. If you are a diver in the area and have never been in to see us, you should real soon. If you are going to be passing through our area we'd love to meet you.

My brother lives near there. Ive always wondered if there was any good diving off the SE Ga coast. I know the water is fairly brown for shore dives. How are the boat dives? Got and videos or pictures to share? Do you have a site?

Ill stop in and say hello next time Im up there on 95!

Hey, Justin !!!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!!

How about some details of your dive sites???

the K

We run anywhere from 10 miles out to 40 miles out. Since 1972 the Department of Natural Resources has created many different sites that we now dive often. We also have lots of naturally caused wrecks ( weather, human error) We've got M-60 battle tanks, a liberty ship, and a 1/2 mile of subway cars. Visibility varies, on a bad day you can barely see the end of the spearpole, and on a good day i've seen from the surface 75ft to the bottom. average is 20-40 ft. So mainly we do a lot of wreck diving, but we do have a few very nice ledges. No season on lobster in GA!!! We even go into Fl waters but b/c we dock in Ga it's all good! Avid spear fisherman needed! we love to fill the freezers. good size amberjack, snapper and grouper, lots of flounder, and cuda. OUr website is under repair for a couple of days and when it's up i'll post that info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom