Diving in Saudi Arabia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,

Got some diving and living type questions regarding Saudi Arabia, the Red Sea, and traveling out of Saudi Arabia on Vacation.

1. How is the terrorist threat(s) in Saudi Arabia? I see the state department listing warnings.

2. Is it safe to travel from the eastern side of Saudi Arabia, as an american, to go diving on the weekends (I guess Thursdays and Fridays)? What tips can you all recommend?

3. I hear an exit visa is needed to leave the country. How dificault is it to get one for vacations to say the carribean or the Bahamas or Florida?

Any info and living tips in Saudi Arabia, post 9/11, would be most appreciated.

:D

Hey Axl,

Im a Brit living in Saudi Arabia best part of my life. Ive seen no problems out here at at. You are at greater risk in London or New York. To travel from the east of KSA, you will probably have to fly. Its about a 25 hour drive from the east (Dammam) to Jeddah. Flights are plenty and cheap. You need an exit re-entry visa to leave the country (and return). These are easy to obtain. Your employer would normally apply for this for you. They can be issued in a day or two.
Hope this helps

Rich

Hi there gentelmen,

I am Thamer and I am a new member here at the forum. I am living in Yanbu for more than three years & I have made more than 100 dives in yanbu, Boat dives & shore dives.

Weekly I do arrange a diving trips from Yanbu as groups. We leave the marina at 8:00 am & we come back at almost 3:00 pm. And I do arrange for the foods and all other logistics for a simple rate. I can provide you more information about Yanbu dive sites if you are intersted, or I can give you a breif details for a groups programs.

For more information, please don't hesitate to call me throuh +966 504-580-168

Thamer,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom