Diving in Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big_Dawg

Reaction score
I will be staying at the Sirenis Tropical beach resort in Punta Cana from 08/07 -08-14, and need informaton on diving in the area. I heard it isn't very good diving but I am sure someone can recommend a good dive operator and location during my stay.

Big_Dawg:
I will be staying at the Sirenis Tropical beach resort in Punta Cana from 08/07 -08-14, and need informaton on diving in the area. I heard it isn't very good diving but I am sure someone can recommend a good dive operator and location during my stay.

Hey Big_Dawg,

Dove there a few years back...you are right, it is definetly not "the greatest diving". But, it sure as hell beats being dry!!!

I dove with "Scuba Caribe", the DM's were great and made sure you got the most out of your time with them (they new the area well and you never felt as though you were being rushed through a site).
You will find the diving (unless it has changed in the last two years) very....hmmm...I guess rustic would be the word. Motorised skiffs are the main method to get to your dive sites (you will assist in pushing it into the water) and the backward roll (which I like better) is your method of entry. Exiting from the water is done "sans ladder"...hand up your belt, then your BC and kick like crazy to get back in the boat (I don't much like this form of exit).
Despite this not being world class diving, I found that the group at Scuba Caribe maximized what they had to offer.

If you get the chance, take the trip out to Bayihibe (SP?). It's a long ride, but it seemed to be some of the better diving on the island.

If you ever go back to DR, the Boca Chica area had better diving although the resorts are not quite as nice.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom