Diving in Puerto Vallarta (PV)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been to PV many times, generally free diving spearfishing trips for Tuna. However, have thrown a tank on a few times to check out the bottom. John E, mentioned a spot called Corbetena. Diving around this rock can be excellent and diving the bank that is about a mile off of the rock is even better. There's also another bank 15 miles past Corbetena, that can also be awsome! Called El Banco.
However, I would describe these dives to be advanced. Mostly deep and currents are common. Also, not cheap. Ideally, I would recomend chartering your own boat, not neccessarily from a dive outfit. The boat I charter is about $850 a day, but there is cheaper and you can get 4 divers on board, so split 4 ways, it's a little more palitable.
You may have to rent your own tanks, if you can get Nitrox, would be even better.
Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom