Diving in Portland or Weymouth, UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbuK

Registered
Reaction score
I must be crazy.

I am living on the Red Sea and about to go on holiday to the UK, ostensibly to catch up with friends and family. However I shall be spending a week in Dorset (Symondsbury, nr Bridgeport) and wondered whether anyone could suggest what the best sights to dive would be in that area.

I have a feeling I'm in for a shock as my last dive, yesterday, was in 31 degree water with 25m viz! However I doubt I shall be out here forever and feel that I ought to try and dive the south coast while I am there.

If possible I'd like names of good dive operators and an idea of the not-to-miss sights, I have heard of submarines and destroyers.

I am a confident and competent diver hoping that a 7mm semi dry may suffice!

Thanks in advance.

peace and love,

Try Fathom and Blues

I haven't been with them myself (yet...) but I know a lot of people that have and highly recommend them.

I have spoken to one of the owners over the phone with a tentative enquiry and they were incredibly helpful.

HTH

Dom

Skin Deep in Weymouth - dived with them a few years back and an excellent time was had. The skipper (Ian I think) is very knowledgable and will be able to help you plan. His is booked up most weekends but is normally pretty free during ther week unless he is on an expedition.

I particularly like the hydrolic lift after the dive...

Jonathan

Skin deep is probably one of the best run boats in the country so you can't go wrong with them.

The breakwater dive centre is a good one to try if all you want is a couple of easy dives and are not that bothered. I wouldn't hold your breath about the level of service on some of the ribs though. We did some dives down there recently through the breakwater and while the centre and staff there were extremely helpful and pleasant, the skipper on our rib was another story. He was rude, snappy, unhelpful and unprofessional. Saying that the centre has a number of boats, including a hard boat and I'm sure not all the skippers are the same :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom