Diving in Port O'Connor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are going down to Port O'Connor with some friends Labor Day weekend. Has anyone ever done any diving down there? I searched the web for dive shops/charters out of Port O'Connor without much success. I have read that there are a few wrecks off of Matagorda Island. Does anybody have any info? Otherwise, I guess I'll just enjoy the fishing.

Hello oldschool,

There are no dive shops located down here, and nobody that I know of doing any charters. I dive the Matagorda ship channel jetties occasionally but you have to have a boat to get there. The vis a the jetties the past couple times ive been out there has been around 10-15 feet. I am a mechanic at one of the boat shops in POC but alas we have no dive charters or dive shops here the closest place for that is Port Aransas. Pm me if you have any guestions.

Calvin

That's what I figured. Oh well, I hear the fishing is fantastic. Thanks for the quick response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom