Diving in Philippines 1.3 - 1.4.2007. Some photos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm? Uh, WHAT!?? OH! well, yeah its loud. especially when we motored around to fallen tree. I'm looking forward to my return, hopefully some of the larger animals will return to the area. We had one diver with a shark sighting. Not sure which site but he said he was only down about 3 meters when he spotted it below. From everything I've been reading, Cabilao is the place to go right now.

I do have to say this however, as this was my first experience diving in large groups such as these. I had one of the other divers kept smashing into me while I was taking my really crappy pictures. Seems as though because he had a much bigger and nicer camera I shouldn't have been there? I got to wondering, what exactly is the etiquette for situations such as these. The DMs would rattle, get your attention, point something out and then it was like a stampede. After the first dive I avoided everyone, stayed close to the DM and simply waited for them to leave before I went in to take my photo. It was like solo diving with eight other people.

Pez... LOL... isn't it just like someone ringing a dinner bell and having all these photogs come rushing... Wait til you go somewhere else and you're on a cattle BANGKA with a bunch of Asian divers with cameras.... :rofl3:

I'll admit to being guilty of that when I first started to shoot u/w. My Malapascua dive trip was like that. 8+ divers on the boat, most had some form of camera. It just got to the point where, unless I was the first person there, I would just wait it out til everyone was finish. Tougher part is trying to take your time nailing that shot, but being considerate of others who might be waiting. I'll admit I haven't always been a saint about this but I am trying to improve... :wink:

When I was diving with La Estrella, there was maybe 1 other diver in the group who had a camera plus Tobias.

Pez7378:
I do have to say this however, as this was my first experience diving in large groups such as these. I had one of the other divers kept smashing into me while I was taking my really crappy pictures. Seems as though because he had a much bigger and nicer camera I shouldn't have been there? I got to wondering, what exactly is the etiquette for situations such as these. The DMs would rattle, get your attention, point something out and then it was like a stampede. After the first dive I avoided everyone, stayed close to the DM and simply waited for them to leave before I went in to take my photo. It was like solo diving with eight other people.

hehehehe try diving with pak, mike v, diver dennis, wolverine and clgsamson :D

jonix:
hehehehe try diving with pak, mike v, diver dennis, wolverine and clgsamson :D
Ha! we don't push anyone out of the way at all!!!

As soon as we hit the water we are off to find our own subjects and don't see anyone else till we hit the surface..

Proper buddy diving,.... the camera is your buddy
:D

Mike Veitch:
Ha! we don't push anyone out of the way at all!!!

As soon as we hit the water we are off to find our own subjects and don't see anyone else till we hit the surface..

Proper buddy diving,.... the camera is your buddy
:D

yes yes yes :rofl3:

i remember cla getting all nervous during the photo class. it's the first time she buddied up with her camera hehehehe

wait til I get my video camera housed... I'm just gonna motor around chasing things and ruining everyone's w/a shots... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom