Diving in Philippines 1.3 - 1.4.2007. Some photos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhhh.... looks like this coin has two sides, and the lovely pictures (and they are lovely) may have exacted a high price from the reef.

Yes, two sides is right. I just returned from a terrific experience with Polaris and I did get the other side of the story. What happened at the dive shop when you went after this guy who by your account "attacked" you? Was the "attack" in fact a response from a diver who was trying to keep you from ramming the reef?

I've heard both sides and although I was not there at the time of this incident, it would seem from my own experience with Greg and the Polaris crew that your account was VERY one sided, which is typical for someone who is looking to point the finger at someone else instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever recommending Polaris as not only having a professional yet friendly dive staff but also a great place to stay. I saw no evidence of your claims.

Diver Dennis:
Personally, I have no problem whatsoever recommending Polaris as not only having a professional yet friendly dive staff but also a great place to stay. I saw no evidence of your claims.
you didn't get attacked with a knife then?

mike- i think somebody who can do a lot of "boom boom" is assumed to be free of any attacks, with a knife or a sting.

perhaps the diving community can come up with some sort of voice machine that can function underwater.

Hmm, it got awfully quiet here since Diver Dennis returned from Polaris. Well, I left Cabilao last week (26th) and just returned home from a wonderful trip to PI. Visited Manila, Cebu, Bohol, Cabilao and Negros. Diving on Cabilao was fantastic, but clearly I have to work on my photography. I have to hand it to the local DM's though, Bobet, Roy and Jhun jhun with La Estrella did a fantastic job of pointing out the critters and gave me plenty of opportunities to "practice" taking pictures. Loved it. I will be back.

Excellent Pez. Glad you had a good time. Bobet and the other local DM's are amazing spotters, aren't they? How are your ears from the loudest bangka in the Visayas? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom