Diving in Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Shane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be in Pensacola on the 16/17/18 of July and was wondering who people recommend to dive with there. I want to dive the USS Oriskany. Anyone recommend other dive sites in that area?

Check out MBT Divers (MBTDivers.com). I dove with one of their charters: www.duesouthcustomcharters.com
Nice 6-pack and a great crew. I only dove once, but there seems to be a bunch of dive sites. Dove the San Pablo and something called the Russian Freighter. Even got a show from the Blue Angels as we were leaving the docks.

H20 Below with Captain Douglas!!! I've used him for several years and is excellent!!

---------- Post added March 9th, 2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

H2O Below is a 40 ft Newton.....very stable dive platform....plenty of room, shade, shower. Very easy enter/exit off stern platform. Charter Boat H2O Below - Scuba dive the USS Oriskany

Also, Dr. Dive or Niuhi Charters.. Both are great laid back operations, great six pack boats. I'm sure the others are too, just giving first hand suggestions :) You should have some great diving there.

Totally agree. Either one is great, safe and fun. I live in P'Cola and these two are the one's I use.

I used Captain Doug and H2O Below Charters. Thought they could not have been better and I would use them again.

the USS Oriskany is on my dive bucket list for this year - I'm trying to get out there this summer as well. Post a dive report, Ill be interested in what operator you choose and how the
actual dive goes.

Ahhhh.....Pensacola. I lived there until 1975 and dived from 1970 til then. We had Skippers Dive shop then (gone) and the Chulamar dive boat. Spent every weekend at the Russian Freighter or the new (at the time) barges. Great snapper fishing ( I used to spear) at the freighter and wonderful octo action at the barges. I loved it there.

You might want to see if they are running any trips out of Destin to either the ledges (110' +) or the Empire Mica shipwreck (torpedoed by German sub). The Mica is pretty far offshore and a longish trip....but WORTH IT!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom