Diving in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fuzzy410

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to this board and am hoping for some advice.
Im off to Oahu for x-mas and am looking to dive for 1 day!!
Have contacted a couple of dive shops and am deciding between Aaron's dive shop, Ocean Concepts and Island Divers Hawaii...

Any reviews from any of these shops or any recommendations for a dive shop in Oahu, Hawaii?!?! Am hoping for a wreck dive...

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks!!:blinking:

I don't know about your listed dive shops as I always go with and recommend Oahu Scuba Divers - www.oahuscubadivers.com

Justleesa is a member here on ScubaBoard and they offer great personal service for the diving. I've dived with them twice and loved it!

I have been diving with island divers for the past 8 months, steady. They are a fun op for sure. Lots of interesting and friendly instructors/dm's. 2 dive shops (one in hawaii kay the other on hickam). They dive out of both locations and they may have their own boat by jan.

Oh and they give the hot towels after the dive is done....love that.

Thanks for the tips all! Much appreciated.
I think I will go with Oahu Scuba Divers!
Cheers!

SexSea!:
I have been diving with island divers for the past 8 months, steady. They are a fun op for sure. Lots of interesting and friendly instructors/dm's. 2 dive shops (one in hawaii kay the other on hickam). They dive out of both locations and they may have their own boat by jan.

Oh and they give the hot towels after the dive is done....love that.

I second this opinion...then again I am biased.

Excellent choice to go with Oahu Scuba Divers. I dived with them, just last week, and wasn't disappointed in the least.

Also, I saw Aaron's going out during one of our dives. Their boat was so overloaded that the backend was sitting very low in the water. Also, when a diver from our boat was down tying off to the mooring of the YO, Aaron's boat was driven over our diver's position in the water, despite repeated warnings from our captain that we had a diver down. Apparently, Aaron's wanted to tie off to the same mooring. This did not endear me to them.

Have a great trip and tell Lisa and Roger hi from me!

Thanks Jcsgt,
Ive already touched base with Lisa and definitely believe I made the right choice, thanks to all of you on SB!!
Will say hi to them from you :)
Cheers

I've only dove on Maui, but I have friends that vaca to Hawaii more often than myself, and they reccomend Island Divers as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom