Diving in Nothern France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am going to France soon and wanted to do some diving there. I am a begginer diver and have only gone on about six dives. I was planning on trying to dive in the Normandy and Brittany area. Does anyone know of how I could get a diving buddy to go with me or if there are guided diving tours there that I could go on? Does anyone also know the regulations for diving in France?

-Jack

Hello, My name is Jack Holden and I am new to Scuba diving and this site. I beacme certified in June and have gone on about 6 dives. In 3 days I will being going to France and would was planning on doing some scuba diving in Normandy or Brittany. Unfortunately, I do not know much about diving in France, so I was hoping that someone could help me out. Does anyone know of any clubs or dive operators in France that could help me out, or does anyone know of how I can get a buddy to go diving with in France? Do they have guided diving tours that you can go on? If anyone knows about any informatiom pretaining to diving in Nothern France I would appreciate it a lot.

-Jack

P.S. Does anyone know of the regulations for diving in France?

Thanks for the site, but when I went to it it wouldn't allow me to post a thread because it said I had an invald e-mail address. Do you personally know of any dive operators or clubs in Normandy or Brittany, or do you know of any more websites that could help me out? Thanks a lot for your help.

-Jack

I have merged two threads on the same topic.
As for diving regulations in France - they are rather restricted and mostly other certifications but CMAS may mean problems.
If you search Western Europe section you will find some information about both - regulations and diving centres
Mania

Welcome to the board.

Congratulations on taking the first steps toward an incredible life adventure!
Life's crazy, live it! If you ever need any advice or help, we're here for you. Do some searching like Mania has suggested, I'm sure someone on the board can help you. Welcome aboard!

Britt :fish:

To dive in France you need a current (less than 1 year old) medical. There are plenty of operators in the Normany area and all of them will arrange a buddy/guide for you. You need some sort of insurance (DAN will be OK) but you can buy that at the shop.

A list of shops and clubs can be found here: http://www.plongeeonline.com/
Click on "Annuaires" then "by département" and a map of France apears. Normandy is Département 14.

http://www.caenplongee.org/ is worth a visit.

Have a great trip.

Chris

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom