Diving In Neuvo Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevsgarage:
I also was disapointed in the city of PV not nearly as quiant...
When I was in PV, I bought a nice souvenir towel at the local WalMart. That should tell you something...

EricJ:
BTW, I'll be diving with Pacific SCUBA from March 28 - April 1st. Is that the same week you'll be there?

Yes, we arrive on the 26th at about 15:00hrs and leave on the morning of the 2nd. We should hook up for a drink and or some diving when we are there. Although I was told by the wife I am only allowed to dive 2 days out of the trip :icorolley Our last vacation we did 10 dives in 7 days.....I thought it was great but apparently she wants to do some land stuff as well.

I lived in San Luis Obispo for about 6 months 9 years ago give or take. Absolutely beautiful there, unfortunately I was not a diver at the time.

I just got back from PV and went out with Vallarta Adventures... They are very good people.... I'll be back in Oct of this year to dive with them...

PepperDM:
Just booked my first warm water vacation in Neuvo Vallarta, approx 20 miles south of Puerto Vallarta for spring break! I am currently talking with Pacific Scuba about using them to take us diving. Has anyone had any experience with them or know someone else I should be takling to???

Also, what sites would you recommed are a "must see" for both diving and surface intervals. I would like to see some obscure eco stuff if possible but we are travelling with someone who has mild asthma so we can not do anthing too stressing on the cardio system. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers
I dove in Puerto Vallarta last year and I loved it. We went out to El Morro, which was beautiful and the water was warm and clear. I went with Twin Dolphins but would not recommend them due to their lax treatment of safety issues and lack of english speaking ability to explain the dive site. Saw quite a few fish but the surge was fairly strong.
We stayed at the Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta and were impressed. My favourite restaurant was La Laguna near Mayan Palace - rustic and quaint with a view of the lagoon with loads of turtles, iguanas in the trees and birds - with excellent mexican food. Also we did the touristy thing and took a crocodile tour with the African Queen steam boat (docked near Paradise Village), the crocs were huge and came right up to the boat. Have fun, Chocoholic

I copied this from another thread where I had posted..

And ya... on my first OW check out dive.. came up to find that our boat had been gone while we were under.. but it was back now. Gone??? Why.... Well, the BIG boat that had been there had left.... and then this poor guy came up looking VERY lonely.... apparently NO ONE on the boat missed him (that would include the WIFE)!!! So our boat picked him up and chased down the other boat (had stopped few miles off, whale watching!)

We were diving with Pacific scuba, loved them. I believe this other boat (left it's guy) was from vallarta adventures... but I can't swear to it, since they were gone by the time I surfaced. But that is what we were told....

AmyJ:
We were diving with Pacific scuba, loved them. I believe this other boat (left it's guy) was from vallarta adventures... but I can't swear to it, since they were gone by the time I surfaced. But that is what we were told....
Seeing your avatar, I would have though you'd love vallarta adventures. :D

I was looking forward to diving with Pacific Scuba out of PV during Spring Break, but I've had to cancel my trip :confused6

The good news is that I'm cancelling because we are adopting a baby :yl2jump:

I agree mostly with the posts about Vallarta Adventures, but their trip to Las Corbetenes is outstanding. They take only small groups; they're the only operation that goes to this site (that I could find, anyway); and Mario, our DM on two trips, was GREAT! We went twice and saw several huge mantas on both trips.

I believe Amy's story about the diver being left, though. They pack their party boats with mutiple tour groups.

Maybe when I'm able to travel again, I'll book with Pacific Scuba. However, I think life for me is going to be a changing quickly (literally and figuratively).

Hey, Rick. :no Let's all be nice here. Amy has provided some useful information, and I like here avatar.

Rick Inman:
Seeing your avatar, I would have though you'd love vallarta adventures. :D

Thanks but no! I only like bovines that come when they're called by name, walk nicely on a leash and will do most anything for a fresh blueberry muffin or banana bread (I've had 3!) :) Haven't seen anything on a "cattle boat" that fits that description! :)

Thanks Eric! It's an old avatar from this board in the days before you could customize, which I'm too lazy to do!

Congrats!!! Your life is about to be turned upside down, mostly for the better. But you will have days! :wink: I hope all goes well, and again, congrats!

EricJ:
I
The good news is that I'm cancelling because we are adopting a baby :yl2jump:
OUTSTANDING!!

Congrats EricJ, that's awsome!!!! Well worth cancelling the trip for.

So far I believe I am going to book with Chico's Dive Shop as they came highly recommended from one of my friends at work who just came back from diving with them. Anyone have any feedback on them??????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom