Diving In Neuvo Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PepperDM

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just booked my first warm water vacation in Neuvo Vallarta, approx 20 miles south of Puerto Vallarta for spring break! I am currently talking with Pacific Scuba about using them to take us diving. Has anyone had any experience with them or know someone else I should be takling to???

Also, what sites would you recommed are a "must see" for both diving and surface intervals. I would like to see some obscure eco stuff if possible but we are travelling with someone who has mild asthma so we can not do anthing too stressing on the cardio system. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers

I dove with Pacific Scuba last October. Raymond and El Capitan were great! Best diving is Mariettas (sp?).

FWIW, Nuevo Vallarta is north of Puerto Vallarta.

Pacific Scuba is AWESOME!! Do a search and I know they are mentioned in a number of trip reports!!! I highly recommend them... go for the Mariettas Islands... lots of fun... I don't know if the whales will still be there at that time, but if so, ask for a bit of time to check them out. Pacific will accomodate you!!

I have reserved a week of diving with Pacific SCUBA, partly from what I've heard from others here on this board.

I dove with Vallarta Adventures and had a good experience. They're a big company and on many of their dives they take you out on a huge boat. They then take the divers off somewhere on a smaller boat. When you return they offer you lots of drinks.

My favorite dive was Las Corbetenas. It's a reef that's WAY out beyond the bay. Vallarta adventures leaves for that trip from Nuevo Vallarta. I also enjoyed diving El Morro (near the Mariettas).

To make a long story short, I liked Vallarta Adventures OK, but I think it's going to be nice to use a smaller operation like Pacific SCUBA. If you're going with non-divers, they can go with you and snorkel or kayak if you use Vallarta Adventures.

PepperDM:
Just booked my first warm water vacation in Neuvo Vallarta, approx 20 miles south of Puerto Vallarta for spring break! I am currently talking with Pacific Scuba about using them to take us diving. Has anyone had any experience with them or know someone else I should be takling to???

Also, what sites would you recommed are a "must see" for both diving and surface intervals. I would like to see some obscure eco stuff if possible but we are travelling with someone who has mild asthma so we can not do anthing too stressing on the cardio system. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers
BTW, I'll be diving with Pacific SCUBA from March 28 - April 1st. Is that the same week you'll be there?

As far as other activities, my wife and I enjoyed Vallarta Adventures' Rhythms of the Night. Great dinner and show.

EricJ:
To make a long story short, I liked Vallarta Adventures OK, but I think it's going to be nice to use a smaller operation like Pacific SCUBA. If you're going with non-divers, they can go with you and snorkel or kayak if you use Vallarta Adventures.

Pacific Scuba also allowed us to bring non divers with us. WE had a great family outing and they were more than accomodating!

AmyJ:
Pacific Scuba also allowed us to bring non divers with us. WE had a great family outing and they were more than accomodating!
I went to Puerto Vallarta for spring break in 2002. Not the best time to be going there, when the seasons are changing the seas can be rough. Did most of my dive in a protected area around Los Arcos and Mismaloya Beach, (south of Puerto Vallarta) because of the rough conditions. I also was disapointed in the city of PV not nearly as quiant or friendly as Cabo, Cozumel, or Playa del Carmen and the time share salesmen were the worst I've seen. But it is pretty there, and very hot.
:froggy:Steve :froggy:

Anyone that thinks Cancun, Los Cabos and PDC are quaint and friendly has 1) Never been to Mexico and 2) Has spent to much time in Carlos and Charlies. Unbelievable, try some place your travel agent didn't get a big comission off of. Or better yet , go to Mexico.

don O

Maybe if you'd get out of the bars and check out the villages you would see what I mean. By the way Cancun wasn't on that list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom